"Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors."

-Jonas Salk

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Lamar Smith: Thomas Karl Guilty of Not Being Roy Spencer

According to an op-ed penned by Lamar Smith, the US House Science Committee's subpoena for basically any and all emails between Thomas Karl and his collaborators is based on the fact that they are reporting the surface temperature record when decent scientists are reporting the satellite record.

Really.

I elaborate on just how crazy that is at Medium. If you know anyone political or journalistic in the US, I'd appreciate if you would show that article to them.

4 comments:

Happy Heyoka said...

Nicely done.
Had a personal moment of "glazing over" when reading about minutiae of satellite measurements myself the other day, wonder about merits of diving in too deep when trying to communicate "bigger picture".

Susan Anderson said...

I've popped in a comment include the Cruz inquisition. It fails the "skeptic" test, as it only includes people dedicated to undermining the best science available worldwide.

Susan Anderson said...

I am curious as to why Medium is a good place to post. I don't see a lot of traffic going there. I did find a series of John Kerry posts at "foggy bottom" which was interesting.

The way it works it throws me out of where I want to be, which means I have to know exactly what I want to get back.

It seems like an inferior Quora of sorts.

If you are a NYTImes subscriber, I'd suggest getting notifications on global warming, climate change, and particularly Krugman, and going in and commenting there early. I've been doing what I can, but that's not much, given my limitations.

Susan Anderson said...

I've answered my own question. I see a lot of important people and entities using Medium. I am tech-challenged and using old laptops so I guess I need to do something about that. Too bad.

I particular like this (went over to the original, but wouldn't have seen it else):
http://www.oecdobserver.org/news/fullstory.php/aid/5294/There_are_no_jobs_on_a_dead_planet.html